Friday, February 20, 2009

CRON-ival - February 20, 2009

This is a CRON-ival. It features the best of CRON blogs over their last few posts.
A Blog Carnival is like a magazine with links to various blog articles often centering around a central theme (in this case CR). They are a great way of building links between blogs and building traffic for newer blogs. They also have the great ability to give people new to CRON a fuller taste of what a day in the life of a CRONie is like. I thought I would do one manually this week and see what happens... If anyone really likes this idea please let me know. I would love to set one up as a regular occurrence, but it is a bit of work.

April's CR Diary - 1400 Calorie Challenge
This week April issued a 1400 Calorie Challenge, or whatever caloric goal you have, from Sunday to Sunday. What a great idea. Do the CRON thing together. Measure everything for one week. Know your caloric consumption. Get back on track to health, happiness, and longevity. Way to go April and crew!

Cave Cooking - and another recipe
Rachel posted a great Paleo diet recipe this week. I too am a huge fan of cabbage. I think with a little of my own spin on this one... it's going to become a regular recipe around my house.

Skinnybitch - when she was good...
Skinnybitch's last post is one that many bloggers will likely know and understand. Leave a comment and spur her on with greater motivation.

CR 4 Life - What About Alcohol
Johan had a great post this week on Alcohol. I've noticed many CRONies include a glass of wine or two... in their diet. Are the empty colories worth it?

Quest for Life: Adventures in Calorie Restriction
Dealing with CR on the weekend was the post I chose to highlight. I checked and yup, if I stray from my caloric goal I'm most likely to do so on a Friday or Saturday. So, I too have troubles being CR on the weekend. A great read.

My CRON Experiment - Winter Wonderland
Sara's last post was about Winter. Sigh. I can't wait for one about my favourite season: Summer.

CRON Yogitect - Chinese Anyone?
Being a vegetarian in China isn't very easy. Especially if you don't speak the language. Oh, the adventures we CRONies face. How exciting. A great read.

CRON Diary - Splenda
Mary had a great post last week about Splenda and really artificial sweeteners in general.

CRON-IC - You Don't Have to be Hungry
A great article about CRON and hunger by yours truly.

Matts CR Blog - Great BBC program
This week Matt posted a video of a BBC program on longevity. CR was, of course, featured. Big thanks to Matt for posting. It's an excellent segment and a must watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment