Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Asparagus Mmm - The recipe

A couple of weeks ago I tried this simple asparagus recipe and I have been going back to it over and over... so it must be good.

I took 150g of Asparagus and cleaned it and prepared it.
I put it in a non-stick pan at medium high heat.
Then added 1 tbsp of Soya Sauce and a 1/2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Sometimes I add a bit of water depending on whether the Asparagus is dried out already or not.

Then I cook the Asparagus until they are nice and tender. Always making sure to have the Asparagus cooking in the sauce as much as possible.

Then while it is cooking I put about 5g of Almonds in the magic bullet and make it into an almost powder.

Once the Asparagus is ready I sprinkle the Almond crumbs on top. The Almond seems to react with the oil and soya sauce and becomes a very nice, slightly creamy? sauce with the Asparagus. It's incredibly good, low calorie, somewhat filling, and is called Asparagus Mmm. Just taste it, you'll agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment